Do vaccines actually protect against the viruses and illnesses that they claim to? If you only get your news and information from mainstream news and educational sources, then the question about whether vaccines are effective is never even raised. However, if you look at the historical data on vaccination efficacy, you’ll see that they are not responsible for the decline in disease in the last hundred years at all.
-In 1871-2 England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. (The Hadwen Documents)
– In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940, and by 1945, diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don’t Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)
– In 1967, Ghana was declared measles-free by the World Health Organization after
96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr. H. Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)
– In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)
– In the 1970s, a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)
– In 1977, Dr. Jonas Salk, who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 “Abstracts”)
– In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)
-The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.
– In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of
fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest infection rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest infection rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)
– In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue, a study found that over 80%
of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.
– In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated, “Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children.” (JAMA, 21/11/90)
So what are some of the true reasons for the decrease in disease in the last century? From his book Health and Healing, Dr. Andrew Weil said it best with the following statement:
“Scientific medicine has taken credit it does not deserve for some advances in health. Most people believe that victory over the infectious diseases of the last century came with the invention of immunizations. In fact, cholera, typhoid, tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough, etc, were in decline before vaccines for them became available – the result of better methods of sanitation, sewage disposal, and distribution of food and water.”
To read more on above article: http://www.naturalnews.com/042729_vaccines_historical_data_decline_in_disease.html#ixzz2jQ3nA97y